Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A house becoming a home...

We have now lived in our new home for one month, and I just realized that a lot of you haven't seen it yet. I thougtht I would post a few pics that I have. I still have some finishing touches to do in all of the rooms (pictures to hang here and there), but for the most part we are completely moved in. We are really loving the new house...it still doesn't quite feel like home yet...not sure what is going to make it click over. I think it's experiences and time that make a house feel more like home. Our last home held soo many wonderful memories...Eriik bought that home when we first started dating and he then proposed to me in the living room, we brought home both of our babies to that home....many fun times playing in the back yard. So, it is a little sad to leave that chapter, but we are very greatful for a bigger home with more room to spread out and grow our family. I thought we were going to miss our huge back yard, but Alec and Ava LOVE this yard, and actually like to go outside even more than the last home (I think because we now have a covered porch area so the sun isn't beating down on them) We are very comfortable here and lovin every minute of it, it just hasn't quite sunk in that we get to stay!







2 comments:

js said...

Your house is beautiful!!! Miss seeing you all. Can't wait to meet Ava. She's beautiful and Alec is such a big boy!

Jenny Rowland said...

Your house is beautiful! It looks really spacious- especially the kitchen/dining area. You made a great choice. Great job decorating! I hope it feels like home too :)


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"