Sunday, July 6, 2008

The 4th of July weekend was a blast!

We had a really great weekend. Eriik had Thursday and Friday off work, so on Thursday we went to a water park that is an hour down the road. I only got a few pics at the water park before my camera batery ran down. I wish I would have gotten a pic of the kids castle which had water slides running down all around it. Alec loved it! There was a baby section with sprinklers that Ava loved. Unfortunatly Eriik and I didn't get to take advantage of the big slides because we were too busy watching the kids, but it was still a really great day! I did get a nasty sun burn because as usual I wanted "just a little sun"...well, I got more than enough for the whole summer!





For the fourth we went to a cookout at our friends house. They had quite a few people over, with lots of kids. We really had a great time, and Eriik regressed back to being a 13 year old as he usually does when he gets to blow things up. Since they live out in the country everyone brought firworks and we had a little fireworks display of our own. This was our second year to spend the fourth of July with them, and it's becoming a fun tradition!





On Saturday, I got to have a much needed no kids allowed lunch at Olive Garden with a few girlfriends....it was great. Then I came home grabbed Eriik and the kids and we ran over to a friends house to swim. I didn't get pics there because I forgot my camera. So...it was a busy, but very fun weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mommy Lion said...

We are so glad to have spent the holiday celebrating with you guys. We look forward to next year! *smile* Such cute kids. and well, the Big boys just never grow up! *wink*

Josie said...

Hey Kristen-love the pics could you tell me where the waterpark is?


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"