Friday, July 11, 2008

My little fishies...

Well...today was a good day in the pool. We had Alec's private lesson first, and he did great...he was gliding under water by pushing himself off the steps, and they started working more on kicking today. He had tons of fun and had a smile on his face pracically the whole time. She was pretty impressed with how attentive he is, and said that she has hardly ever seen a child his age stay under water for so long. She kept having to say "come up come up!" I think he's going to be a scuba diver like his daddy. Here are pics of Alec's lesson.





Alec's buddy "Little Lion" came with his mom, little sister, and cousin to water babies. Alec always love's playing with him. I like that the instructor used them as "helpers". She had Alec be an example of how to do the sit dive, and "Little Lion" got to hold the hoop for the babies to "swim" under.



Ava loved her water babies class today! I was afraid we were waisting our money since I had been spending a majority of all the other lessons trying to keep her from crying. But today she was laughing and smiling (up till the very end when we had "the popsicle incident"...I won't go into all the details, but boy does she have drama!) Anyway...it was a lot of fun today and I am very greatful to "Mommy Lion" and "Cheetah" for taking the video and pictures...you guys rock!



Video of Alec and Ava doing a sit dive:

3 comments:

Mer said...

Looks like ya'll had a blast at swim lessons this week! I'm glad it went well. Pics are great!

Mommy Lion said...

Yeah, the pics turned out! *smile*
It's been fun to know someone in the class! We should have used "drama" in our girls' names! *wink*

js said...

That's awesome!! Private lessons are the way to go.


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"