Thursday, April 2, 2009

Team Work!

My two little sweeties are starting to get along better these days. They have been very affectionate with each other lately which is fun to see. Every night before bed they have to have a little hug and kiss fest, and Ava wants to sit on Alec's lap and snuggle for a minute. It's really cute. Today after we picked up Alec from preschool I was carrying the trash can back to our house because the wind had blown it down the street and Alec wanted to carry the lid....well of course so did Ava then. Alec was so sweet he said "Ava, we can carry it together...that's called "Team Work"! I was pretty impressed :) Lest I deceive you let me assure you that their relationship is far from perfect! They can really get into it over toys, and I hear Ava's high piched scream pretty much all day long because she wants a toy that Alec has or vise versa. But I just want to bask in the sweet little moments that come along every once in while....it's what keeps me going!





I also have a little video clip of the kids when they were having an affectionate moment. Alec and Eriik had just gotten back from the church father/son campout...as you'll see Ava really missed him! As always ignore my annoying commentary...it's like I just can't keep myself from talking (I feel like I have to repeat everything Ava sais just in case others can't understand her) ...oh well, at least the kids are cute.



3 comments:

Jaime said...

That video was super sweet! And I didn't think your comments were annoying at all. I think we all sound like that when we're taping our kids. :-) So sweet!

Josie said...

Very sweet.

Janette said...

Those two are so cute! And I agree with Jaime...I don't think your comments are annoying! (You really are an "Ava translator" sometimes!) Love that girl's sweet little laugh too!


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"