Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Epidemic???
OK...so maybe I'm just noticing it more since I just had my Gall Bladder taken out and all....but it really seems like it's becoming an epidemic around here!! I mean...come on...why are soo many people getting their Gall Bladders taken out around here! I personaly have 8 friends who have had there's out recently...and hear about many more. I hear from friends who live in other states that it's not a common thing where they are from. Maybe, I'm a little paranoid...but I'm starting to think there's something in the water! Just ask my husband, I'm a theory person...he laughs at all the conspiracy theories I can come up with...when my mind gets to wandering, who knows what I will come up with. Regardless...I no longer have a gall bladder, and the Doctors say I'll be better off without it. I'm really glad that they do the surgeries laparoscopicly! I went in for the surgery Monday at 6:30 AM and was out around 2:30 in the afternoon. It will be nice to go to bed without having searing pain from gall bladder attacks! I am still pretty uncomfortable from the surgery, but It's not that bad. Last night I even went to WalMart by myself because I needed to get a few things and was getting a little stir crazy...I'm one that needs to get out of the house on a regular basis. Besides, I think you heal quicker if you are up and moving at least a little. Eriik's parents and grandpa are in this week helping me out with the kids which has been a life saver! Eriik's dad has also been helping Eriik put together a new play gym for the kids, which has kept them busy most of the time. We had a little birthday party for June last night which was fun....she is such an awesome mother in law! Anyway...just wanted to give you a little update on what has been going on in my life this week. Here are some pics...(don't worry they are not of the surgery!!) just a few from the past few days.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"
6 comments:
Glad to hear things went well, and that you're doing well.
Yay...so glad you're doing so great! :) (I haven't had anymore attacks since my surgery at the beginning of Feb.). Maybe it is in the water? ;)
ok, here is my theory. HORRIBLE diet.
not that you eat horribly, but I'm just talking about your typical southern diet around there...fried fried fried, fat fat fat. :) again, not that you don't eat healthy, but the majority of people don't, and so that's why i think there is the 'epidemic.'
when i worked there at good shepherd, i usually had at least one patient a night who had had a lap chole (gallbladder laparoscopically removed...they had to stay overnight 'way back then' :) ).
anyway, so there's my theory. who knows if any of it's sound.
have i ever commented on your blog? if not, i've been stalking for a while. hi there!! :)
tell the hubby hi for me and i miss bantering back and forth with him...ahh, those were the days, our little fun pretend tiffs. :)
oh, and your kids are just gorgeous!
I totally agree with you on the epidemic thing. My friend Jamie in Palestine who had a baby in March just found out she has gall stones and will have to have the gall bladder removed. I was just telling my mother-in-law that I think it is crazy how many people are having this happen!
Wow- that's crazy! Hope you're feeling better soon!
Well, I'm glad your theory didn't land on "the doctor has a boat payment due--who needs surgery?"
Ha!
Post a Comment