Friday, February 20, 2009

My Happy Birthday!

Yesterday I turned 33. That doesn't feel so much older...it's all about the same till I get to 40 I think. Anyway....I had a pretty good day. One of the hilights was that when Alec woke up yesterday morning he came into the kitchen eyes still blinking away the sleepness and said..."Happy Birthday Mommy!!" and gave me a huge hug. I was so shocked that my little 4 year would remember to say that first thing after waking up...it was very sweet. Also, my husband surprised me by coming home from work and pulling paint samples out of his back pocket. He said that he is going to redo our master bathroom! I am so excited about this, because he had said that we were going to wait a few years before opening that can of worms....there is a lot of work that has to be done to update it. We have horrible wallpaper covering our bathroom and gold fixtures and it's been driving me nuts. It was the only room that I had a problem with when we bought the house. So...that was a very nice surprise! We all went out to eat and had a great time last night. There was a sweet little card from the kids with their voices recorded on it singing Happy Birthday...and Ava saying "Luv u". It was a good birthday. Oh...by the way, today I got sucked into facebook...like I have time for that...but it is so fun seeing all my old college buddies!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a wonderful birthday! Before we were mommies we would not have been impressed by those sentiments but my heart melts to hear about your special day!

Josie said...

I'm so glad that you had a great day. Happy Birthday!!

Mommy Lion said...

YAY! I know you are SO excited about the bathroom. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Nate Bock said...

Is your birthday on Feb. 15th?


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"