Monday, October 6, 2008

Learning as we go...

I really don't even know where to start. There is so much that could be said about this weekend. Thursday night through Sunday evening I was in Dallas with 6 other ladies for the MOPS convention where we joined with 5000 other mothers of preschoolers and mentor moms! It was an amazing experience and one in which I am very grateful for. It was more than I expected...I thought it would just be a nice little break from the kiddos...sort of a fun retreat with friends, where I would be encouraged as a mom. But it was so much more than that for me. The speakers poured into us, and God spoke to me in a personal and mighty way. The speaker that really caught my attention more than others was Erwin McManus who is the author of "Living Wide Awake". He was one of those guys that as he speaks you want to write down every word he says because it's all so rich with wisdom. I am definitely going to get his book. Another speaker I loved was Tim Kimmel author of "Grace Based Parenting" ...wow, he really gave a lot of interesting incite. He spoke of treating your children the way God treats his children (us). God wants us to raise kids who love him, live for him and make an eternal impact on the world. God wants us to raise our children for true greatness rather than earthly success. Well...I can't say it all in this short Blog, but his book should be really good! The singers were all moms too...Jaci Velasquez, Plum, Kim Hill, Avalon ....they were all a blessing! Anyway...it was great.....we had a lot of fun shopping, and eating, and staying up late talking and learning more about each other...doing pedicures. What a great group of girls to hang out with...luv ya'll! Thanks Christy for heading all of this up, and getting us there!

Let me just also say that MY HUSBAND ROCKS!!!! He took care of our children for three days while he was sick with a terrible cold! Not only did he just take care of the kids...but he did dishes, and swept the floors!!! Honey...I love you very much....you are my hero....SERIOUSLY!

Here we are on Friday ready for our sessions (minus Neely who joined us on Saturday.)

I just had to pose with the live statue. Eriik trust me... it only LOOKS like I am flirting.

Here we all are outside the hotel restaurant we ate at Saturday night.


Here is a picture of our atrium view outside our balcony at the Gaylord Texan....pretty cool huh!

2 comments:

js said...

I was in Grapevine this weekend for a pastor's wives retreat! I wish I knew you were there. :) Sounds awesome.

Mommy Lion said...

Thanks for the post! It's good to hear so much was gained. I'm still processing so much of the information myself! The pics are great!


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"