Saturday, October 25, 2008

My 36 year old home body...

Well....Eriik turned 36 yesterday. Just about every year for his birthday we have just gone out to eat and had a cake or something and a couple presents...he doesn't like a fuss, and he HATES being the center of attention. When I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday this year he said that he wanted to stay home and make pizza. You see, he doesn't like to go out to eat, he had rather be in the comfort of his own home, where the kids run around and we can just relax (not that we can ever REALLY relax with a three year old and a 16 month old!) I have to say that at first I thought it was strange since I love going out to eat, but it was actually a really fun night. Eriik with the help of Alec made a homemade (dough from scratch) pizza (Eriik is the bread maker in our family...I always seem to turn bread into door stops). It turned out really yummy...we may be opening our own pizza restaurant soon! Anyway...I did jump out of my comfort zone and make a homemade apple pie...he's not into cake. It was just a really fun homemade family night at home...I think Eriik is right...it makes better memories than just another night at Olive Garden. I am so thankful that God gave me such a wonderful man to lead our famlily.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds just like John! He doesn't like a big celebration on his birthday, and he is not a cake fan! I always feel like his birthdays aren't very special or that I'm not very loving, but I always remind myself that it is the way that HE feels loved.

Sarah Fruge

Jaime said...

Everything looks yummy! Happy Birthday, Eriik!

Mer said...

Happy Birthday to Eriik!!!!!!!Great family day..nothing better.


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"