Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My little Kindergartner!

Well, it's still sinking in, but my little boy is growing up! He started Kindergarten this Monday! I was afraid that he was going to be scared and timid on the first day, but he was so excited and jumped in with both feet. He was literally giddy before leaving the house. He woke up at 6:20 AM even before I did...this wasn't out of sheer excitement it was due to the fact that we set an alarm clock for him. It was an old fashioned really loud Curious George clock. This may sound like a harsh way for a 5 year old to wake up, but he begged me for one, and he is REALLY hard to wake up in the mornings so I thought I would give it a try. It did the job! When I came out of our bedroom he was sitting in the living room staring straight ahead...I said "wow your up!" he answered, "it's a really loud clock!" You see this is quite an adjustment for him since he normally wakes up at 8:00 and now we are leaving the house at 7:30! It's a good thing that the first week they get out of school early (1:00) because he was exhausted when he got home! We started getting them to bed between 7:30 and 8:00 last week and they seem to be finally slipping in to the routine.

After picking him up from school on Monday he said he had a great time, but was mad that he didn't get to ride the bus home! Little mister independent all of the sudden! Anyway...it was a success, and I am slowly learning to not hover so much. Doesn't he look so old in these pictures?













4 comments:

Janette said...

I love his first day of school outfit!! What a cutie! :)

Mer said...

Sooo exciting:) He looks pretty happy about it!

Piano mom said...

It all goes way to fast. Glad his first week went well.

My big girl decided she would ride the bus on her first day this year. That was a hard one on me. Each year bring new independence.

js said...

Awww....sooo big! Where is the time going??? Lets plan a trip this fall. Cabin in OK or AR???


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"