Well, our big boy lost his first tooth last Wednesday night while munching on a banana of all things!!! Could there be anything softer than a banana? He had been working on this tooth for weeks and it was hanging by a thread. When it came out he yelled at the top of his lungs "Hey everyone! I just lost my very first tooth!!!" He was overjoyed to join his two friends from preschool who had lost their's a few months ago. I thought a kid had to be older to loose a tooth, but his baby teeth started coming in when he was around 5 months old, so I guess that makes a difference. Anyway, my sister had given us this cute little tooth holder that glows in the dark. So he was thrilled to have it under his pillow finally.
OK...I just couldn't resist putting in this pic of Alec when he was 5 months old! He was eating rice cereal (at his Nanny and Poppy's house), and somehow it ended up taking the shape of two little front teeth...so funny!
I also have a really cool story about Ava. Last week my pregnancy brain had caused me to forget to pick up Eriik's prescription at Walgreen's twice! We had never talked about it in front of the kids nor had I mentioned to them that I needed to go to Walgreen's. But on Friday we had left WalMart and I was almost back home (forgetting Walgreen's again) when Ava said in an urgent voice "Mommy, you've got to go to the drugstore!!" I said in a shocked voice, "Ava, how did you even know that???" She replied matter of factly, "It wasn't me, it was God" then added with a great big smile "He's my God!" Wow! Last Sunday I sang the song "God Speaking" in church and the words of that song ring so true. "He'll do and he'll use whatever he wants to, to tell us I love you."
2 comments:
Love the story about Ava!! And I'd totally forgotten what a cute little chunky monkey Alec used to be! I love it!! :)
That's so sweet! I love the story about Ava. Alec ran up to me at SS last week and said, LOOK AT MY MISSING TOOTH MRS. MEREDITH! He was so excited, and that was several days after he lost it I think. It is really fun:)
Post a Comment