Thursday, August 12, 2010

Me Ma's house in Missouri!


Well...last week I ventured out with Alec, Ava and my niece Sydney to my Mom's house in Missouri. This was the first big drive that I have taken with the kids without Eriik. I was a little intimidated to say the least, but I knew that Syd being 11 would be at least a little bit of a help. It turned out to be a really fun trip (except for a few Ava tantrums! But hey that's just where we are right now in life.) We took the 11 hour drive in two days which we normally don't do, but with being pregnant and without Eriik I wanted to take it easy. It really turned out to be great we stopped around dinner time on the first night and got a hotel with a pool. The kids were able to eat a nice meal, swim and wear themselves out enough to get a good nights sleep. And then the next day of travel was only four hours! Well, I have tons of pics so here you go! I will explain the pics more in the captions.


The kids love to have Me Ma read them a bedtime story...she's pretty good at it, she got lots of practice since she was a preschool teacher for 25 years!


There was a fund raiser carnival at the catholic church just across the street from Moms house. The kids noticed it right away, so of course we had to go check it out. We went after church and lunch on Sunday.



The swings are always a hit.



Mom with the kids in front of the fun house!




The butterfly house was a huge hit. I didn't know what to expect but when we walked into the atrium butterflies were all around us, it was really beautiful..but a little too hot that day (at least the kids didn't care about the heat)












We saw so many brightly colored butterflies but this is the only butterfly pic I took that wasn't really blurry. Their wings were usually moving which made it hard to get a clear pic.



They had a little room with a butterfly library and activities for the kids.








They all got to dress up...so cute.






Alec's favorite part was the "Jurassic Bug" exhibits.
This one was some really gross roaches...yuck! Alec liked the giant terantulas and scorpians the best.









We swam over at Pam and Marios house one day. It was great to be able to swim since it was over 100 degrees that day!

No comments:


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"