During late service today I had to (or should I say "got to") teach in "Kinderville"so I didn't hear the Mother's Day service (because I didn't make it to the early service), but it is always so much fun being with those sweet little 4, 5 and 6 year olds. After that, we decided to stay for the church Mother's Day picnic...I was a little hesitant about it at first, because I was thinking..."really, how relaxing can it be to hang around in the church gym, eating take out with tons of kids running all over!" But it was really nice, and fun. A lot of our friends were there, and the kids got to play in the bounce houses outside, and all us ladies made nice beaded necklaces. I had a surprisingly fun time! Then our fam went out to Corinos to eat tonight, so I didn't have to lift a finger all day...it was fabulous!!!
I also want to send a little shout out to my wonderful Mom...she has always been there for me, and has helped to shape the way I mother my kids. She's still a person that I can run to....when I'm excited or upset about something she is the second person I tell (after Eriik). Although I love our talks on the phone, I wish she lived closer, so that we could have spent this day together...Love you Mom! Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!!!
3 comments:
Hey Kristen!
Good update. Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day. The part about Ava saying, "Happy Birthday" is funny stuff.
-Shawn
Holy Cow! Errik (I never spell it right!) is quite the ARTIST!!!! Great work!
I agree with Meredith...that plate is adorable!!! :) Sounds like a fun day. :)
Post a Comment