Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Three is the magic number....

Well....it just hit me that I haven't blogged about the fact that I am pregnant! This is by no means an announcement because half the world already knows. I am not good at keeping in things I am excited about and have already posted it on facebook! We are very excited...we had been trying for this one for almost a year! We just knew that we were not done having kids.


We knew at the start of our marriage that we wanted 3 kids. Growing up, I always wanted 4 because I was the baby of 4 kids, and Eriik wanted 2 because he comes from a fam of 2 boys, and so we easily compromised on 3, and never went back! Besides it's kind of fun because 3 is my favorite number for many reasons..."a three fold cord is not quickly broken" Eccl. 4:12, the trinity, we got married in 2003, the title of the post "Three is a magic number" is a song from a musical I was in while in college. So, anyway...three kids just fits right into all that! Now...of course disregard all of this if we end up having twins...we would still be thrilled (and a little scared)! In fact, that would mean I win, and get my four kids!




You know I always have to put a picture with my blogs, I ended up finding an old picture of Alec and Ava. They were playing with this ball that splits in the middle...this is what I found when I walked in the room...too funny! I thought it was appropriate for this post :)




5 comments:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Congratulations! I do not know you well except I love to see your smiling face at church and you have the most adorable family! You will have so much fun being pregnant because half of your friends are pregnant also!
-Aimee Akin from FBC

js said...

Awesome!!!! So excited for you.

Mer said...

THat picture is hilarious! ha!

Dave Reed said...

Congratulations Kristen! I hadn't heard!

Kristen said...

Well, hey Amy, Jen, and Dave...it's a good thing I posted this on my blog...I've got to remember that facebook is not a reliable tool for announcing things. Amy, I know it's going to be so fun having a baby at the same time as lots of my friends...it's a baby boom!


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"