Saturday, May 23, 2009

Florida Fun!

Well, we made it home...we got in around 9PM last night. We really had a great time in Destin, FL. This was our first family vacation that wasn't to visit the grandparents. We stayed in a condo on the beach. The beaches in Destin are sooo beautiful...I couldn't believe how white the sand was and how crystal blue the water was! One morning after eating breakfast I was looking out our balcony and saw four dolphins (not very far from shore) playing and jumping in the water...I waved everyone over to see and neither Eriik nor I wanted to take our eyes off of it long enough to get the video camera....we didn't want to miss a second! It was really a beautiful view. The weather was a little moody during our visit though, one day it was chilly, and for a couple days it was so windy that Ava would scream from the sand hitting her legs (our little Diva)....but there was enough nice weather mixed in to enjoy the beach and pool. One of Ava's favorite things to do on the beach was to chase the birds around. She really loves birds! She and Alec loved playing in the sand too. The water was really warm which was nice, although Ava didn't want to play in the ocean water too much...Alec loved catching the waves with Eriik though!

When we weren't on the beach or at the pool we got to hold an Alligator at Fudpuckers and on our way home visited the Gulfarium and saw dolphin and sea lion shows. Also on our way home we stopped in New Orleans, stayed the night and in the morning walked the French Quarter...staying away from Bourbon St. of course! We ate lunch on the French Quarter, walked the river walk and then we were ready to head home. While we were driving home Alec said in a very sad voice "But I want to live on the beach in Florida forever!!" All vacations must come to an end... and it's always good to be home....although it would be nice if "home" had an ocean in the back yard! I took TONS of pics....and here are a few..I wanted to put them all on here, but I won't subject you to that kind of torture!




Ava wasn't looking because the wind blew sand in her face and she was not happy about it!




I think we are going to crop this one and make it the"keeper" even though Alec's hair is going crazy!


It was so windy it was perfect for kite flying! The kite was too high to get in the pic.


Look Mom...no legs!




Ava playing in the sand... Eriik and Alec are in the water in the background.




Holding an alligator at Fudpuckers...notice Alec's hands are as far away as he can get them.











A little chilly weather on Monday didn't stop us from hittin the beach!




Body surfing!



5 comments:

Janette said...

What fantastic pictures!! I love your idea for the family pic...everyone looks so cute matching! And definitely love Ava's diva sunglasses! :)

Jaime said...

GREAT pictures! It almost doesn't matter how everyone looked because the lighting and background were perfect!!

Looks like you guys had fun!

js said...

That's awesome! Can we plan a trip there instead of camping???

Josie said...

Very cute, looks like you had lots of fun. Love the sandy white beach picture with the whole family!! Wish we had that here!

Jenny Rowland said...

Kristen, I looked at these pictures last week after you first sent them out. They are beautiful! I love how everyone dressed in white/khaki. That beach is amazing. You have such a beautiful family! What a fun vacation too!


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"