Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Old Friends...

Old friends?...well, I guess we haven't known them since childhood or anything, but I call them this because they are great friends who, despite the distance, we figure out a way to get together with. We had Justin, Jenn and their 4 kids over to stay with us this past weekend. Eriik has been friends with Justin since he first moved here after college and they were involved in the college and career ministry together at church. They moved away about 4 years ago, so we love it when we can get together with them, and just hang out. It was fun to see their 3 1/2 year old, Elijah and Alec playing together. This was the first visit with them that the two seemed to become real "friends". I can't get over how well they played together...seriously, not one argument!!! I think it was because Elijah gets lots of practice sharing with his 3 other siblings. Also, it was absolutely adorable how Elijah was feeding Alec the whole time (literally putting food into his mouth)...aparently this is just something he does, very cute. Also, this was Alec's first chance to have a friend sleep in his room with him, and we tried to give it a chance, but when it hit 10:30 and they were still talking and breaking out the toys it was time to split them up....so sad. Ava and Sarah are about 7 months apart too so, I'm sure they will be playing together more in years to come. Although the visit was too short, it was good to see them, and we are thrilled that they are coming back in May! I got a few pics, but didn't get any of the twins...maybe next time. See Jen's blog "Truly Blessed" off to the right for more pics.





They played with these "shooters" almost the entire visit

1 comment:

js said...

Thank you again for having us! We can't wait to come back. Sounds like the men are starting to plan the camping trip- really looking forward to that too.


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"