Many times when we tell Alec that he can't have something or do something he says "Well, when I'm six years old I'll be able to...." or will ask "Will I be able to when I'm six?" He thinks of six as being this golden age or something. Well....I guess two more years is a long time for him considering it's half his life! The other day while I was driving him to get his hair cut he said, "When I'm six years old I am going to be sooo big....bigger than you, and bigger than the trees!" I started by saying..."Wow...that's really big!" Then I think I may have crushed him by saying "Did you know that Allie just turned six!" He sat quietly the rest of the ride....thinking it through.
He's always thinking of the future. For instance, when he falls and bumps his head, in the midst of tears he'll say..."It's OK...it will feel better tomorrow!" So sweet. I love my little thinker, he's so caring. The other day after Karate class he got in the van and picked up a few of his hotwheels cars and said "Mommy, I want to give these to Levi and Sammy" I said "are you sure, you won't get them back if you give them away?" He said "I know...can I give them to them?" I said "Sure!" So, he ran out and gave away his prized possesions (he really loves his Hotwheels cars)! I was so proud of him. He did the same thing before Christmas with his buddy Brett, and has said that he wants to give a car to Carson too. I am so blessed by his giving spirit....now if he would only be that giving with his little sister!
1 comment:
How sweet! I wonder if he will think 8 is cool when he is 6. He's such a smart little guy.
Post a Comment