Friday, January 9, 2009

Into the Woods!


I couldn't resist this title since I was in a musical called Into the Woods back when I lived in MO. Anyway...that is completely beside the point! We went to Dangerfield State Park today and had a great time! Eriik had mentioned last night that he wanted to go there and take Alec on a hike. We didn't think that Ava would last very long so I had intended on just hanging out at the playground with her while the boys hiked....but I changed my mind at the last minute and thought we would give it a try. Ava did great! She is sooo sure footed...she would be in full sprint and then when we got to a really bumpy spot slow down and carefully manuver around it. She also had way more stamina than we thought she would. This was all during her nap time (Eriik got off work at noon today) and she walked for a really long time (well over an hour) we carried her just a couple times for a little bit. I think the fact that a dog found us and stayed with us on our "hike" kept her in the game (she loves dogs!)....I think she would have run a marathon if the dog would have...she followed him the whole time. Alec had a great time too. He was a little more pokey than Ava, in part because he was so curious about everything. He brought along his banoculars that his Uncle Shawn and Aunt Stephanie got him for his birthday (which was completely his idea by the way...he really thinks things through). He was looking at everything through those binoculars which was so cute. They both did great and loved every minute of it. Then we went back to the van and got Eriiks ramote controll plane that I got him for Christmas. Alec and Eriik had fun flying it for a while before it got too windy. Let me tell you, the weather was perfect!!! It got up to maybe 65 and the sun poked out a little here and there. What a great day with the fam!




















2 comments:

Mommy Lion said...

What a great way to spend the afternoon . . . it was beautiful. But we did miss you this am at playday!

Cheryl said...

Just found your blog! Miss crossing paths with you more often.


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"