Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Holly Jolly Christmas!
We had a wonderful Christmas this year. It was our very first time to have Christmas with just our little family of four. I wish we could have been with my fam or Eriiks too, but it was still really great! We did all of our little traditions like going to Danville Farm to cut down a tree, Eriik made homemade cinnamon rolls, and the kids helped make sugar cookies to decorate. This year we added the tradition of doing the advent nativity (from their aunt Kelly)...which we all really enjoyed. Alec also decided a few days before Christmas that he wanted to have a hot cocoa stand in front of our house. I was a little hesitant (because I thought no one would be home), but how could I say no..he was soo excited about it, and I loved that he thought of it all on his own. So, I sent an e-mail to our neighborhood, and lots of people stopped by...it was really sweet. Alec was overjoyed that he made $4.75, and I had fun visiting with neighbors! Christmas Eve we took cinnamon rolls over to our neighbors and the kids sang Away in the Manger to them. When we got home we let the kids open a joint gift from MeMa (we picked it on purpose) It was the Nativity story that my Mom had recorded her voice reading it to them...really special! The kids were so excited when they opened the book and heard her voice! Christmas morning the kids actually slept in a little...Alec was the first one up which was unusual and he woke up Ava. They came out to see a few gifts that were left unwrapped, and were thrilled....we took a little break to eat a cinnamon roll and then went back to the gifts. By the time we were done with gifts the breakfast casserole was done baking and we ate the rest of our breakfast. Then I got to baking an apple pie, sweet potato casserole and green bean casserole to take over to the Ziesemers where we would be having Christmas dinner. We went over around 2:00 and had a great time with them as usual!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"
2 comments:
It looks like you guys had a great time! We missed you, though. Laura and Ava have the same Christmas pajamas! It just continues the trend of this year...great minds think alike!
Sweet, sweet pictures. Next year little Addison will add to the fun!
Aunt Neta Ann
Post a Comment