Friday, April 2, 2010

Alec's first catch...

Well...it has been a while since my last post. I can tell you exactly why. The last post about the daffodils was done the last weekend that Ava was wearing Pull Ups. After that weekend she moved on to big girl underwear....and let me tell you, it has been exhausting! Anyway...things are better now...she's doing great and staying dry :) All this to say I have been too preoccupied to think about blogging!

Anyway...I forgot to post a momentous event for Alec....his first time to catch a fish all by himself! A couple weeks ago Eriik took Alec on the father son camp out. Eriik has always loved fishing and took up fly fishing before we were married. Now he is even tying his own flies and really into it. I totally don't get the fly tying hobby, but it makes me smile to see Eriik enjoying it. Anyway...Alec has been fishing with Eriik around 4 or 5 other times, but Alec would never get a bite on his rod and so when Eriik got a bite he would pass it over to Alec to reel in. Well on this trip he got a bite and reeled it in all by himself and he was so proud. When he got home and was telling me all about it I have to tell you he did exaggerated just a bit on how big his fish was. Typical male!



He was so excited!

Trying to grab it.

Christian and Matheus

1 comment:

Annie said...

Congratulations, Alec! Way to go!!

David loves to fly fish, and ties his own flies as well. He was pretty excited the first time he caught a fish using a fly he had tied. Go figure!


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"