Saturday, December 5, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree...Oh Christmas Tree...

Well...we chose to do our annual Christmas tree cutting on a good day. It actually snowed the entire time we were looking for and cutting down our Christmas tree! It snowed right here is east Texas...how fun is that? OK... I say it snowed....it was more of a flurry...but that's still news worthy around here! The kids were really excited and didn't seem to mind too much that is was really cold. It took us a long time to find just the right tree (I can be pretty picky), but it was a lot of fun!



This isn't our tree...just a pic when we first got there.

Sooo excited!


On the hayride out to the trees.



We were trying to get a pic of the snow flakes all over us...didn't work out so well :)




Can you see the snow falling? It was much more impressive in person!






They loved good ole "Smokey"


The finished product! The kids had fun helping.


1 comment:

Mer said...

Wow...you could pics of the REAL snow flakes! THey didn't last long here, but I heard it snowed more down there! You won't have too many pics of snow while picking up a tree!


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"