Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas parties and programs...

Well, we have been staying nice and busy this Christmas season with lots of fun stuff. Shortly after my last post we had our small group Christmas Party at our house. We had a ton of fun with the White Elephant gift exchange. Alec and Ava also had the Giving Tree Christmas program at their preschool. They get to bring a gift to give to underprivileged kids and place it under the Christmas tree in front of the church. Then they sing a couple songs...actually Ava's class of two year olds mostly just stood there while the music leader sang...it was cute though. Alec's class sang some fun songs and one of the songs cracked him up the whole time he sang it. It was "I'm Gettin Nuttin for Christmas" ...too cute. Then, this past Sunday night Alec sang with the other preschoolers at our church. I was asked to lead them this year, and let me just say it was a little stressful at times....it was like herding cats to get them on and off stage! The kids were adorable minus a little scuffle between two brothers while singing "Silent Night" which caused Alec to fall off the risers! He was fine and got right back up....the whole thing was pretty hilarious!


During the White Elephant exchange.


Mer, Amy, Christy and Sabrina at our small group party...what's up with all the scarfs!!!
I didn't get the memo I guess :)




Ava carrying a doll to give at her preschool program


Alec and his class right after singing at his preschool program


No comments:


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"