Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pickin Pumpkins

We visited Moore Farm today with some friends. It was chilly (low 60's) and cloudy and I loved that it actually felt like fall! This was our 4th or 5th year to come out here, and it was so fun to share it with some of our friends. We got to have little Mary stay with us over night because Mer was out of town. She is the sweetest little thing and we got to see a whole other giggly, silly, talkative side of her last night. Anyway...after the pumpkin patch we all went to eat a little Mexican food for lunch. It was great because all the kids sat at one table and we sat at our own..and they didn't kill each other. It's been a fun weekend...and it's still going...Alec and Eriik are at a Monster Truck ralley right now!



It was REALLY muddy! We were so glad that we had rubber boots for the kids!

Sweet smiles all around for Mary, Alec and Ava...they were happy with their pumpkins.




Not the best family pic, but at least it documents we were all there together :)



Carson, Ava, Mary, Alec and Matteos playing in the corn. Ava's doing her cheesiest smile!

Ava, Sophia, and AJ make adorable little pumpkins!
At the start of the corn maze. Matteos was our "leader" and did a great job of getting us through it. That's the top of Mary's head at the very bottom...for the most part she and Carson tried to stay out of the pictures.





5 comments:

The Mitchell Family said...

Cute pictures! I can't wait to make our own family trip to the pumpkin patch :)

I love Ava's sweater - where did you get it??

Mommy Lion said...

Too bad we couldn't make it out with you guys, but we did enjoy getting our pumpkins today too! Blake really missed the corn maze!

Janette said...

How fun!! I love Ava's sweater too! :)

Kristen said...

Amy, I think I got Ava's sweater at the Carters store on the Boardwalk in Shreveport.

Mer said...

Mary was all SMILES!!! She had such a good time:) THANK YOU for making her weekend a memorable ones. She wants to come back next weekend too...I told her that you wouldn't mind three weekends in a row of having three kids!


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"