Saturday, October 24, 2009

Friendly, Cute Halloween....

Well, every year we have been saying we were going to carve pumpkins, and we always end up putting it off and not doing it. So...we were determined...well, Alec was determined that we were going to carve one this year. So, finally a week and a half ago we did! It was a lot of fun, and Alec loved playing in the pumpkin gut goo. Ava was a little more dainty about it...picking out the seeds one at a time. I ended up toasting the pumpkin seeds with seasoning salt, and they were really yummy! Eriik was the actual pumpkin carver...Alec and I picked out a pattern on the internet...although, Alec wanted the scariest looking thing he could find, I like to keep Halloween as sweet and friendly as possible....not always easy. I had just told him the other day "We do cute, sweet, Halloween in this house...not yucky, scary Halloween!" Well...the next day he came home from preschool with a book he had picked out from the library called "Scary, Scary, Halloween". I had to give a little chuckle...that was his way of rebelling I guess. Boys are just fasinated with scary things I think. But no matter what I'm still keeping my front porch sweet!





Look at Ava's face...it says..."ooh gross"..such a little priss!










4 comments:

Mer said...

Very cute!!! We haven't been asked yet by the kids...maybe they will forget???

Janette said...

Cute pumpkin! I like cute, sweet Halloween too. :)

Jaime said...

What a sweet pumpkin face! I love it! Looks like you guys had fun!

Mommy Lion said...

That is a very fun face! I'm with you on the fun not scary!


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"