Monday, October 19, 2009

The Great outdoors!

We made a last minute decision to go camping this past weekend. It couldn't have been a more perfect weekend to go! The weather was BEAUTIFUL!!! We left our house around 3:00 Friday afternoon and the song playing on the radio as we were driving off was "It's a Beautiful Day" So fitting. Anyway...this was our first time to go camping as a family...(Eriik had taken Alec a couple times before) We had been putting it off because we weren't so sure how Ava would react to it all. Anyway...we got to Dangerfield park around 3:45 and got our camping spot. The kids had a great time "exploring" the woods while Eriik and I set up the tent. We did the typical roasting hotdogs, and smores thing for dinner. We took a long walk after dinner and the kids played on the play ground. We put the kids to bed around 8:30...well...they stayed up talking and giggling till around 10:00. Eriik and I stayed up late by the campfire talking and had a really relaxing evening. Ava was really doing great up until she woke up in the morning...it was cold and she was grumpy (even with all her layers of clothing). Eriik got up and had the fire built before I even got out of my sleeping bag. Eriik said that his favorite part of camping is the next morning waking up and making breakfast! Um...that is sooo not my favorite part...not a morning person so much...especially after hardly getting a wink of sleep due to hearing strange russeling noises outside the tent, and a symphony of snoring from the kids and Eriik! So in the morning Eriik made pancakes, eggs, and bacon...and even made coffee(he bought a percolator)! I was lovin life again after my coffee! Ava cheered up when she got her eggs. After breakfast we broke down camp and went fishing, and then decided to rent a paddle boat....which about killed our legs! The kids really loved watchin the ducks too. It was just a really great camping experience overall...I would do it again in a heartbeat!



Alec has his walking sticks in this pic...he said "When I go into the forest to look for weapons (sticks), you can just call me jungle man!" He makes me smile.

Checking out the tent before dinner.

Eating daddy's pancakes in the morning!








As they were walking closer to the water Alec took Ava's hand to protect her... it was so sweet.

Ava watching the ducks

On the paddle boat

Alec loves to fish!




2 comments:

Janette said...

How fun!! :) That even looks like fun to me and I am sooo not a camping person! (Oh, and Alec makes everyone smile. :)

Mer said...

GREAT TIMES!!!! Love the pics...it actually looks like fall around here:)


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"