I've been hearing this statement a lot lately, by people having pity on me. You see I have a sweet little nine month old with a cast all the way up her left leg! It's horrifying! I mean, babies aren't supposed to have broken ankels...they can't even walk yet...what kind of mom lets that happen??? Well....when the baby has a very active, bouncy 4 year old big sister who wants to be the mommy...it can happen very easily, I guess. Poor little Ava means well, but as I said in my post last month....she is ALWAYS all over Addison.
The incident took place last Wednesday evening shortly before Eriik was home from work. Ava and Addison were playing and I stepped out of the room for a bit. Shortly after I heard Addison scream out. I instantly knew something bad had happened...and I went running. I found Addison in Ava's baby doll stroller screaming. I scooped up Addie and asked Ava what happened and she said "I think I ran over her foot". From what I gathered...Ava lifted Addison into the doll stroller (which she has done before...see previous post) and was pushing her around the room when her foot got twisted underneath the stroller and Ava kept pushing. I didn't see it happen, but that's what I'm guessing from what Ava told me. So, it took Addison a while to calm down...and after a search I couldn't see any visible signs of injury. She went about her business crawling around like nothing ever happend so I thought it was over. Then she tried to pull up to stand against some furniture and screamed while holding her left foot up. I thought maybe it was sprained, so I waited to see what it was like the next day. The next day she was still happy and fine when crawling but cried when she pulled up so I took her to get an X ray. We were at the clinic for 2 and a half hours...and they finally came back to tell me that she had a fracture of the tibia and fibia...just above her ankel! I was shocked! It literally made me sick to my stomach. They made an appointment for her to see the orhopedic the next day and get a cast.
She is doing great with her cast. I thought she wasn't going to be able to get around and that she would be miserable, but she is happy as can be and crawling as fast as ever with it. So, she survived...she's going to be ok, and hopefully Ava has learned a lesson...Addison is breakable!
2 comments:
Oh my word Kristen! I am glad she is okay! It's a darling picture. :-)
One for the baby book friend!! Poor YOu! She won't remember it, but Ava might! ha..love your post:)
Post a Comment