Thursday, June 9, 2011

Graduations, Ceremonies, and Accomplishments

Well, the end of May had A LOT going on! Alec graduated from Kindergarten and had his little performance which was really cute. I have to say that I was a little surprised by how emotional I felt during his graduation. It's silly, but I was thinking "wow...he will never be a Kindergartner again...he's going to be a first grader and that just seems too old for my baby boy" Anyway...he had a great year, and he loved his teacher Mrs. Ferrell. she was great!
Alec also tested and passed his green belt testing in Tae Kwon Do. He has been in it since he was only three years old! He started with his little preschool buddies and they are all in it together still! Now when I see the little white belt kids it's so hard for me to believe that that was how little Alec was when he started. A week after these pics were taken with his instructor Mr. Hitt he pulled out his second upper front tooth while at Tae Kwon Do. The assistant instrucor Mr. Lee said that he would pay Alec a dollar if he would pull it out (since it was dangling) so Alec immediatly did. So now he has quite the Jack O Lantern smile.
Alec and Ava both had their Awana ceremony. They really enjoy going to Awana every Sunday during the school year. Eriik and I have our small group over to the house while they are at Awana which works out great. Alec is so fast at memorizing his verses, but most importantly is that the verses began to sink into his heart and he asked the Lord to come into his life and forgive him of his sins in May! He had been asking lots of questions and he had said the prayer before, but it wasn't till now that it really sunk in for him. He was praying before bed with Eriik, and he just said the prayer on his own. Very exciting!
We also had the opportunity to dedicate Addison to the Lord at church while my mom was visiting from Missouri! Kelly and Sydney were able to come for the weekend to celebrate Memorial Day and Addison's dedication too! We pray that she will grow to know and serve the Lord and love Him with all her heart. We pray that she will love God and love people...that simple.
Here are some pics.

Alec and Mrs. Ferrell

Ava was just a little excited about her Cubbies award :)
Alec up to bat!
Check out that cute little Sand Gnat!
I just had to throw this in because it's my favorite pic of all three of them. It was taken when Addy was about four months old.
Alec and Mr. Hitt after his belt testing....he's now a green belt...the pics of the belt ceremony are still on my Iphone.
Mr. Hitt always gets him laughing
Addison's dedication

No comments:


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"