Thursday, September 9, 2010

It's a girl!!!

Well, we found out yesterday that we are having another baby girl! We are so thrilled! Eriik was a little shocked because he had it in his head that it was a boy, but he'll be fine :) I picked up Alec just a little early from school so that he could see the sonogram too. Right before we went in everyone guessed what it would be and everyone said boy except for me...my last minute guess was that it was a girl. And I was right! Alec and Ava's initial reaction was hilarious. Alec said "Aww Man" and Ava said " No, I'm having a baby brother." She said it very matter of factly like the nurse was wrong or something. Anyway...Alec and Ava are both excited now, and Eriik is over the shock, and happy. I kind of knew all along that it was a girl because of the fast heartbeat, and my cravings for oranges and chocolate ice cream (I normally don't like chocolate ice cream but Wendy's chocolate frosties are a new favorite). The old wives tales say that if your having a girl you will crave sweet things and citrus. It was right in this case! By the way, she weighs 1 pound 1 oz and is approx 11 inches long! Here are our baby girls sono pictures...she's already a cutie :)






The 4D pic...so sweet. She had her little arm covering her ear, her foot up to her face, and her other arm on her forhead.






This was the first attempt. But she was covering her little face...she was squirming all over though so we knew she would eventually move her little hands!


Her arm looks so skinny in this one.







She's got her little foot up to her mouth.


4 comments:

Janette said...

So sweet!! I've been going after the Wendy's frosties too...and I don't like chocolate ice cream either!! :) I'm also all about the hamburgers too. :) I'm so happy for ya'll!!

The Cornett Family said...

Congradulations!!

Mer said...

SOOO EXCITING!!!

js said...

A girl!!! Awesome. We're very excited for you and E.


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"