Monday, June 7, 2010

A Very Fairy Princess Party!

Well, our little Ava turned 3 last week, and we celebrated "fairy princess style" on Saturday with 7 of her little girl friends. I have to say that I really enjoyed planning this party...I just love girly stuff. It was a lot of fun for the little girls too! We had games so that they could "earn" all of their fairy supplies. For instance to earn their wings they had to show me how high they could fly in the bounce house, and to earn their wands they had to dance in a game of freeze dance. They decorated their own crowns with "jewels". It was so cute to see them running around in their tutu's, and wings.



I can't believe my little girl is already 3! She is still a spunky little thing, although I have noticed in some crowds she can be quite reserved which is surprising to me. She is always a bundle of energy while at home though and can go from tears to sheer joy in the blink of an eye...quite the little drama queen! For the most part though she is very joyful. She loves anything artistic: dancing, singing, drawing, coloring, painting. She even taught herself how to write her name a couple months before turning 3. Granted, Ava is a pretty easy name to write, but still, I'm impressed! Her favorite thing other than painting is to play with is her babies, and she is really imaginative, and sweet with them too. She is just a joy to have around, we are blessed by God to have her in our family!



Here are tons of pics from the party. Meredith was our photographer...Thanks Mer!!!!




Ava after getting her wings!

The girls dancing in a game of "freeze dance"



Mary

Kate


Mary and Katie



Sophia


I'm so glad that Kelly and Syd could come...they were a huge help, and it was so good to have family at Ava's party!




The whole crew...aren't they adorable!
















One last stubborn candle!!!


She just loves her cousin Sydney.



Alec had fun too...he got out his swords and went to battle with the fairys at one point. He also helped with the bubble game (he shot bubbles out of a gun while the little girls popped them with their wands).



Ava giving Ana Julia a thank you hug for her birthday gift!







3 comments:

Piano mom said...

Aren't girl parties just so much fun!

Love the pictures and what a doll you have. Sounds like everyone had a great time. Thanks for sharing.

Janette said...

That is so cute!! What a fun, girly party. :)

js said...

Wow, you put together an awesome party! Looks so fun and girlie. Love it!


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"