Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow Day!!!

I remember as a kid being so excited when we would get out of school because of snow. Well...with us living in East Texas, I thought our kids wouldn't get the chance to experience such joy. BUT...yesterday Alec did get out of preschool because we got a good 5 inches of snow! It was a lot of fun for the kids and for Eriik and I too. When we first woke up the electricity was off, but it only was off till about 8:30...just long enough for me to have to make my coffee in the Perkerlator on the grill. . Ava was the first one up and after eating breakfast and getting bundled up ran outside before we even woke Alec up! She kept taking her gloves off though so she got cold pretty quick. After Alec had breakfast we all went out to build a snow man....I love how easy the snow was to pack it was perfect for building a snowman! Eriik went into work yesterday morning, but he always gets off early on Friday's. So, when he got home he got to join in on the fun. During Ava's nap Alec and Eriik went to work on a snowman in the front yard. I took tons of pics since I knew the snow would be gone by today...and for the most part it is. Our snowman in the front is still hanging in there but leaning dangerously to one side. Anyway...here are our pics!



Taken looking outside our front door yesterday morning...soo beautiful!

Our home yesterday morning.

Sooo excited!...or so cold...not sure.


Snow Angels!



Lovin the snow!




The back yard snowman...it was Alec's idea to use the sand shovel and rake as the snowman's arms.


The front yard snowman










This pic was taken just an hour ago of Alec and I trying to hold up our poor melting snowman.


6 comments:

Mer said...

Love the last pic! Just shows how fast it comes and goes around here!

Frazier's Family said...

Hey! I found your blog via Josie's and thought I'd comment so I wouldn't be one of those people who stalks other people's blogs in secret! :) Added you to my blogroll so I can keep up with you! We had lots of fun in the snow, too! I'm super impressed with you snowmen...especially your front yard snowman- he's perfect!
*hugs*
Randi Anderson

Josie said...

Super cute pics, love the one of Alec laying down and the last one of the leaning snowman. Fun, Fun!!

Janette said...

Wow, ya'll made great snowmen!! If we ever see anything close tot he snow we had you'll have to teach me how you did it!! :) I'm too much of a Texas girl!

Kristen said...

To all of you who mentioned how perfect the snow man looked..that would be Eriik! He actually took a giant knife to it to chisel it perfectly... I was cracking up at him. The one in the backyard was my doing (with the kids help)...that's why it was much less perfect.

Annie said...

I was impressed with the snowman as well--way to go Eriik! I hope the kids got to get a hand in as well--ha! Cute kids--sweet memories!


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"