Sunday, August 9, 2009

Random fun at home

Well...the kids are done with their summer program (Discovery Days) that they were going to twice a week, and so we have been finding ways to stay busy...at home and out and about. We went to Kids Station with Alec's Karate buddies, Dairy Queen to play with our MOPS friends, the public pool with the Webbs which is always a good time, and Alec went mini golfing with his bud Carson, but I didn't get pics of any of that. So, here are some pics of the kids hanging out at home this week. A couple of the pics are of Alec and Ava with their tent that I helped them build. Some of my fondest childhood memories are of building tents around the house with my brother Shawn. I think kids just like having a secluded little place to hide and call their own. The only problem with the tent was that Ava kept wrecking it, but at least Alec learned how to fix it in the process. The last few pics were taken this evening after dinner...they were still in their church clothes, and I thought they looked cute so I had to break out the camera!




Ava eating a Popsicle...or as she calls it "popskull".

Inside their "tent"








Taking a break from splashing in the water...sitting up in their play gym.



















3 comments:

Mer said...

Cute pics! Ava is looking GROWN Up!

Janette said...

So cute!! In the next to the last picture, I know Ava's hugging Alec...however, just to look at it, she appears to be punching him in the stomach!! :)

Kristen said...

Too funny Janette...I think she is clutching a leaf in her hand...but I wouldn't put it past her to punch him in the stomach!


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"