Monday, August 25, 2008

Buds and Boo Boo's

Wow...so it's been a whole week since I last posted! A couple of you asked me if I was ok....so funny that I post so often that people worry about me if I don't! I assure you things are going great...busy, but great! We've had a lot going on over the past couple weeks, and I've just been trying to stay afloat! We had our small group over for a rainy BBQ saturday night which was a lot of fun...and a little crazy. There were 12 kids and 9 adults....good times! We tried to play Cranium while the kids played outside in the mud! :) I think we all know why the men won...the women were being the responsible ones checking on the kids...so we were distracted....give us a break ok! The night ended with only one injury which so happened to be Alec's. He busted his lip on the counter while goofing off...silly guy...this has been his second busted lip in two months! Can you believe I didn't take one picture the whole night! But I do have some from today....


Today we hung out with some friends at the park. We try to get together with Rachel, Bret and Eva about once a week or at least every other week (she lives out of town). Usually we go to the Library (for story time) and Chick Fil A afterwards so the boys can play while we eat and talk. Today was Eva's first birthday, so we went to the park, played and had a birthday picnic. It was fun as usual. The boys play well together, and it will be fun to see the girls (who are only three months apart) start to interact more as they get older. Ava fell off a little climby thing for babies within the first two minutes and it left a huge bruise on her cheek. But she's a trooper and got over it really quick.

Ok....so Ava has this little eye fetish...she's always trying to touch your eyes....so keep your babies at a safe distance :)

2 comments:

Mommy Lion said...

Amen Kristen! I think it was all engineered by those guys to win that way. Love the pics of the park! I've been wondering how Rachel was doing. While I was reading Little Lion was looking at the pics and "AWWW" as he saw Ava playing with Eva. "That's so cute" he said! Just thought I'd share his comments too! *wink*

js said...

That's a super cool park.


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"