Monday, April 2, 2012

Too Busy?

Well, the phrase "too busy" has been on my lips too often lately. But it's such a relative term isn't it?  I know back when we just had one baby, "busy" meant that I had more than one place to go that day :).  Now with three kids, my daily task lists have more than tripled...I can't even imagine what it will be like when all three are involved in activities!  So, in case you haven't guessed it yet, I  haven't been blogging because "I've been too busy"  We've been running like crazy and having a ball.  When we aren't running we are playing, and when we're not playing, I'm catching up on everything :) I do want to take a minute and write down a few thoughts on the kiddos, because busy or not, I want to be able to look back and read about what life was like back when I thought I was so busy!

The kids are doing great and growing so fast!  Alec loves 1st grade, he is a blue belt in Tae Kwon Do, and goes 3 nights a week!  He also loves playing soccer this spring.  He is a funny, goofy little guy, but also very sensitive and kind hearted.  He truly cares deeply about others and will look for ways to help others.  He makes me want to be a better person!

 Ava's ballet recital is coming up and she looks so adorable doing her little monkey dance.  She is very much a performer when she wants to be!  She dances ALL the time around the house...flitting and floating like a little ballerina.  She's still VERY busy ALL the time!  I've been seeing more moments of maturinty lately in how she acts with Alec and Addison.  She's getting there...and as soon as she does, I'll miss her being my baby!  A big change for Ava is that she is learning to read, and doing pretty good.  I registered her for Kindergarten this fall!  It seriously snuck up on me, I was totally caught off gaurd when I was sent the Kindergarten registration info!  She doesn't turn 5 till June, so she's a little younger than most of her classmates, but I think she will be fine. 

Now where to start with little Addison (or Addie-boo as we affectionatly call her) She is proving to be every bit as active as her sister!  She is soo funny and sweet.  She took her first steps on Super Bowl sunday, and a week or so after that she took off and never looked back!  She is fast as lightning getting into EVERYTHING.  She's starting to talk some now...although she is quieter than Alec and Ava were as babies.  When she sais something we all get really excited.  For instance, this morning she was pointing at a snack she wanted so I prompted her to say Please and SHE DID...as clear as a bell!  I was so excited, but couldn't get her to say it again.  She does this cute little thing where she will tilt her head from side to side as she looks at you, like she's trying to figure you out.  She also, points and nods her head yes with her eyes as wide as sausers when she wants something.  Also, I think she wins the baby dancing award in this house.  You know how all babies have their own dance style, well Addie actually twirls with her arms up like a little ballerina (she learned from Ava I guess).  I put her hair in pigtails this past weekend...she looked all grown up!  It's going to fast!
 I know there are some family members that don't facebook that would like to see some pics, so I'll post those real fast and get back to life :)

Our first family photo of everyone smiling!  I was so excited!




Nanny and Poppy visited us this past Feb.  We had such a great time with them, but they didn't get to stay near long enough!




We went to Disney World last month, and had a blast!  But that is a whole other blog post if I ever get around to it!  These are just a few of the pics that I was able find (the rest are on my Iphone)

No comments:


Alec looks like a gangsta in this pic (minus the wooly worm)...looks like he's saying "That's the way I roll"