We decided to spend the 4th of July in Jefferson this year along with some friends from church. I was a little hesitant at first because I was afraid it would be too hot and that we wouldn't be able to stay out late for the fireworks because of Addy, but I am glad we went. The weather ended up being great...it was cloudy, but never rained and Addison ended up taking a little nap and then stayed up through the fireworks which were at 9:45 PM! It was a really quaint, old fashioned, hometown celebration, including a decorated bike parade, pie auction, face painting, bands playing...it was nice. We checked out some of the shops like the old general store and ate ice cream cones from there. The fireworks were great and really loud...which Addison didn't appreciate so much. At first she just blinked her eyes with every loud bang and then she started bawling. I held one ear to my chest and covered the other and she came very close to falling asleep. Alec and Ava seemed to love it all. Alec participated in the bike decorating parade which was fun. I think we might do it again! I just realized there is not one "smiling picture" of Addison in this post! Oh well...see the post below this one for some smiles :)






Please excuce the rediculously huge bow on Addison's head...I was just making her more patriotic :)
:)
Addison and Susanna!
Our friends the Webbs
Eriik with Addison when the fireworks first started...before the tears
No comments:
Post a Comment